Lemon Chicken Soup
- In a large Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook until tender, stirring often, about 7 minutes.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add to the pan with the Italian seasoning and cook, stirring often until chicken is no longer pink. Add the chicken broth, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Add the zucchini, bring to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and reserve.
- Reduce Dutch oven heat to low, stir in pasta and spinach. Return to a simmer; reduce heat again to low. Stir in lemon zest, juice and slices. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
TIP: Do not cook soup once lemon slices have been added or it may become bitter.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Reeni Pisano, Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice
The nutritional and special diet information provided with recipes on the site is intended to be a helpful educational resource. The information is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice by a licensed health care professional.
Product information can change without notice, so if you have dietary restrictions and/or allergies it is critical to read all product labels carefully before purchasing and consuming a product.