Chicken Tortilla Chili
A hearty, yet healthy version of the classic Mexican soup.
- In a blender or food processor, combine 2 cups chicken broth with one can of cannellini beans. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. In a medium bowl, toss together chicken, cumin, paprika, chili powder, lime juice, cayenne and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- In a large pot, over medium heat, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add onion, garlic and jalapeño. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add reserved chicken broth mixture, remaining 3 cups chicken broth, beans, salsa and tortilla chips. Season to taste with salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, continue cooking for 30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh chopped cilantro, sliced green onions, sour cream and shredded cheese.
TIP: If you don't have a food processor or blender, you can achieve the same thickening results by mashing the beans by hand.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Linsey, ALDI Test Kitchen
The nutritional and special diet information provided with recipes on the site is intended to be a helpful educational resource. The information is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice by a licensed health care professional.
Product information can change without notice, so if you have dietary restrictions and/or allergies it is critical to read all product labels carefully before purchasing and consuming a product.