Smoked Ahi Tuna Dip
Smoked ahi tuna cream cheese dip served with crackers.
- In a resealable bag, combine the soy sauce and tuna. Refrigerate overnight.
- Line a wok with foil long enough to allow a 3-inch over hang. Place the smoking chips and 2 teaspoons thyme on the bottom of the pot. Top with a footed wire rack. Place the tuna on top of the wire rack. Discard soy sauce. Cover with a lid and crimp the foil over the lid leaving a 1/2-inch vent.
- Heat the wok over medium-high heat until smoke seeps through the vent. Reduce the heat, cook for 40 minutes. Remove the fillets and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the heavy cream, mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon thyme, mayonnaise, hot sauce, onion, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
- With a fork, flake the tuna and stir into the cream cheese.
- Serve with crackers.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen