Broiled Holiday Tilapia with Parmesan Zucchini Noodles
- Turn oven to broil. Place tilapia on a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush with oil and season with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper, garlic powder and crushed red pepper. Broil for 5 minutes; remove from oven.
- Top with spinach, goat cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest and tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and broil for an additional 4 minutes or until tilapia is cooked to 145°.
- Meanwhile, pour 3 inches of oil (about 2 cups) into a medium pot and bring to 375°, over medium heat.
- Using a spiralizer, create "noodles" from the zucchini.
- Place flour in a medium bowl and add "noodles." Coat in flour and shake off excess.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and water. Place floured "noodles" in egg and toss to coat. Shake to remove excess liquid.
- In a medium bowl, mix together bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Place egg-coated "noodles" in bowl, and toss to coat.
- Working in batches, place a small amount of breaded "noodles" in oil and cook until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon or metal strainer and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt, to taste.
- Place noodles on plate and top with broiled fish. Garnish with basil.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen